05 October 2009

Feed Me Now!

by Bill Granger

Harper Collins. Australian, Adult Non-Fiction. Hardcover rrp $49.99

Cookbooks come and go in my house. I have a stable of a few but mostly they are there to look good and, if absolutely necessary, I might be lucky and find SOMETHING an average cook in an average kitchen can make out of one of them. But then along came Feed Me Now!.

I opened this cookbook with expectations of difficult recipes with ingredients I wouldn’t even be able to identify as animal, vegetable or mineral.

Actually, truth be told, the book opened itself onto a double page of photos. One page was of tomatoes – attractive and nice - but the other page looked delish! I turned the page to read the recipe… Sausage, Tomato and Mozzarella Melt. Surely I could do this? The ingredients – well you wouldn’t believe it… I had everything except the ciabatta (but then when I looked it up found it was just a nice Italian bread and I could easily get something similar). The recipe – easy! The taste – heaven!

I turned the pages, oohing and aahing, mouth watering. I couldn’t wait to get home from the office. There were even recipes my fussy children would eat! And the humble pizza never looked or tasted so great.

I am really looking forward to having some friends around to try out the gooey chocolate cake with raspberries. Oh forget the friends – I think I will go now and cook!

Granger has created a great recipe book that will be dog eared and food-fingerprinted-filled in no time. But I don’t mind that at all. Dinner will never be dull or too difficult again!

No comments:

Post a Comment