14 October 2011

Kangaroo and Crocodile

My Big Book of Australian Animals

by Bronwyn Bancroft

Hardie Grant Egmont (Little Hare Books). Australian, Picture. Hardcover RRP $24.95

Reviewer - Sandy Fussell


I’ll confess it up front. I collect Bronwyn Bancroft’s beautiful picture books. I often give them as gifts. They are a wonderful way to introduce young children to indigenous art.

The bright coloured pages are filled with Australian birds, animals and insects. My favourite colour is purple, and I was immediately drawn to the purple pages – the purple and blue of the bottlenose dolphin, great white shark and the purple and blue of the gecko and frog.

The pictures will lead to lots of questions and parents will be pleased to find the answers in the fact pages at the back of the book.

http://www.bronwynbancroft.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment