15 July 2009

Don’t judge a girl by her cover

by Ally Carter

Hachette Australia. Young Adult, Mystery. Paperback rrp $16.99

I have been waiting anxiously for the third book in the Gallagher Girls series, Don’t judge a girl by her cover. The first two books were excellent reads.

Don’t judge a girl by her cover continues on with the story of four friends who attend the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, Cammie, Macey, Bex and Liz. It’s a school for spies. Cammie is the Principal’s daughter and likes to get into trouble. But this time trouble seems to be following Cammie.

Cammie visits Macey who is on the political trail with her family (her father is running for the Vice Presidency of the United States), and together they thwart a potential political kidnapping of Macey. But why her? Has Macey’s father done something illegal or bad or has it got something to do with The Gallagher Academy?

Cammie and Macey, with the help of Bex and Liz, find that the pieces don’t add up and the target may not be who they think. The people hunting them may not be what they seem.

To add fuel to the confusion of Cammie’s problems, Zach, the spy boy that kissed her then disappeared in book 2 Cross my heart and hope to spy, has returned.

I am a big fan of The Gallagher Girl series and Carter’s writing is more exciting with each new book. I hope I don’t have to wait as long for Book 4 otherwise I will have withdrawal symptoms from the sort of exciting life that I will never live! At least I get to read about it.

I’d tell you I love you, but then I’d have to kill you and Cross my heart and hope to spy were reviewed in Issues 11 and 16 respectively.

http://www.thegallaghergirls.com/
http://www.gallaghergirlsseries.com/
http://www.allycarter.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment