20 April 2009

Bananas in Pyjamas

based on the original song by Carey Blyton

ABC Books. Young Reader, Picture, Australian. Paperback rrp $6.95

Now here is a book that I recognise. It brings back many memories and in my family, is a treasured heirloom. My first copy of Bananas in Pyjamas is still in the bookshelf, missing a few pages, ripped, dog-eared, well-loved.

I was very relieved to find that the original release has been reprinted so my next generation child can love the Bananas just as much as my now teenage children did.

Every Australian knows the song and, in this house, we know every picture and what words are on each page. The “catch them unawares!” page is always the first to be sticky taped as that’s where we always try to grab each other in teddy bear hugs.

Thank you ABC.

No comments:

Post a Comment